Friday, October 17, 2008

The past month


I seem to find less spare time lately to post our many adventures. With Shaun in school things keep busy at our house. Somedays it can be challenging to keep the little munchkins entertained. I await naptime everyday so I can get a little nap myself and just to enjoy the time to relax a little and sit down. Shaun is enjoying school and is doing great. He won't be done until Dec. 2009 but by this December he'll have his private flying license.

We went on a fun family day-trip to McCall, ID a few weeks ago. We stopped and ate at a fun little lodge for Breakfast, they even made Addie a Mickey Mouse pancake. We had fun walking by the lake skipping rocks, it is so beautiful up there. We made a fire and cooked hotdogs and smores, it was so much fun to be outside. The drive home was long because Rachel was sick of her carseat and cried for the 2 hour drive we were happy to be home!





















































Rachel is 5 months old today! She is sure growing up quick. She got to have her first food this last month - Rice Cereal - she does pretty good with it but is still learning how to eat off the spoon so now it's just entertaining to watch her eat. She loves to kick her legs on the ground and is a very busy baby. She always wants a toy to play with or someone to talk to her and she is at a really grabby stage. She reaches for everything including my hair which I'm considering cutting soon.


Addie is a very fun toddler! She loves learning new things. She's starting to learn her letters and can write a few of them but she catches on to things really quick especially songs which I catch her singing while she plays. She is getting a little more opinionated lately about what she wears, I guess she is true girl. She'll have a favorite shirt or pants for a week and want to wear them everyday. She also loves wearing pajamas and will change into them the minute we get home. So if you come to my house and she is in her pajamas that doesn't mean she never got ready that day she usually changes her clothes 3-4 times a day - oh the joys of her knowing how to change her own clothes! I go with her once a week to a mommy and me preschool, she loves it and can't wait to go each week. We get to do a fun craft each week and sing songs and play around it's so much fun! Last week my friend came and helped cut Addie's hair, we cut a few inches off because Addie hates having her hair combed and it gets in bad tangles with her little curls so we cut some of it off, it was sure getting long.


Before After
After

4 comments:

Joni said...

I am so glad that you have a blog!! I love blogs. Your family is fun. Addie's hair is so cute. I love her haircut, yours is beautiful too I say keep it long! :0)!

Ashtyn said...

Hi Kelli, That sounds fun going up to McAll, I hope Rachel gets to feeling better, I love Addie's hair that short it's so cute! Oh, and I think you should keep your hair long it's pretty! Just put it ina ponytail. See you later!
Love, Ashtyn Fitzsimonds

Breelyn said...

Kelli! Your girls are so adorable! Lainey found you on Facebook and sent me your blog address. I'm not on Facebook but I blog. www.breelyn-breelyn.blogspot.com. You guys look like your doing so great!

Anonymous said...

cute little haircut! Love your photos, did you get a new camera? These are looking great!
Let me know when you cut off your hair: I have about 15" waiting to be chopped off, I'm so sick of it!