Sunday, February 28, 2010

Excited 4 year old!

Last weekend Addie turned 4... she has been so excited about her birthday. She kept asking about when it would be and worried about the details of who would make a cake and wrap the presents. I'm seeing her personality more and more. The morning after her birthday she woke up at the crack of dawn with a "to do " list. She had to try on her new clothes, play with her new tea set and when that was done she would have something else she had planned to do. I'm not sure what to think about my little missy losing sleep over all the things she needs to get done. That's what I do when I'm stressed and have things to get done.

We gave her a party last year with her friends, this year we just had a family day. I let her choose the meals all day, we had M&M pancakes for breakfast, Cheese sticks for lunch and McDonald's for dinner. Pretty easy and lots of fun! Then off to Princess and the Frog. She liked the movie despite having soda dumped on her head right after we got seated. The lady behind us spilled it as she was sitting down and had no idea she did it. Addie looked up and asked why water was on her head. Poor girl was so sweet, she just said "don't worry mom, it will dry" I'm not so sure I'd be as calm about soda on my head. We ended the day with cake and ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa who came through town just for the night.
Here are a few pictures of her when she was younger and of her lately.

Addie was the happiest baby, I love this toothless grin. For a first baby we know we got really blessest to have her. She is still so happy and sweet.

1st

Showing me her muscles!



Here's the cake

First thing she said was "Where's the sprinkles??"

(ooopss I forgot the one thing she requested on her cake.)

Trying out her new Hula-hoop her friend gave her.



Kids love bubbles!

4 comments:

Tama said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Addie!

Cami said...

I can't believe she is 4 already! We must be getting old.
Cami

Joni said...

Your girls are so cute! Isn't it crazy how we do have four year olds? Time goes by so fast! We really should get together sometime...want to come over?

Vanisi Family said...

Super cute! I love it! Hope we get to see you guys soon!