Friday, October 05, 2012

Update


I wanted to get a quick update posted.   So here is our girls staring with Summer.

 Summer is such a  fun toddler and always making us laugh. She pushes chairs all over the house so she can get into things.  Lately she likes to find ways to get hold of pens and markers.  When we were getting ready for bed one night she found some and made a master piece on her belly!  I had to get a picture and when I got out the camera she opened her mouth to show me her teeth.  We have been taking pictures of Addie's teeth since she has been losing some and Summer figured I must want a picture of her teeth too.

Rachel is growing up so fast and loves the preschool we are doing.  She always helping me in the kitchen and plays so great with her sisters.  She is still good about taking naps and asked me one day if she could take a nap in her dolls bed.  I told her she could but figured she would try and not be able to sleep but when I checked on her she had fallen asleep and took a great nap all scrunched up in the doll pack-n-play!   We  went fishing a few weeks ago and she got to use her fishing pole she got for her birthday in May. After her dad had got the line ready and explained that she needed to sit and wait she tried that then told me she didn't like fishing that way.  She just liked casting and reeling the line in not the waiting part. When she starting casting and reeling the line in she starting catching fish.  I guess we will let her do her own fishing.  She caught her first fish and was so excited about it. 



This is Rachel's preschool group with the Fire Engine's they made this week!

Addie loves being in first grade this year! Sometimes it's hard for me to realize my oldest is in first grade.  So far she still lets me hold her hand and I can help her with her homework, that might change one day.  We live close enough to walk to school.  We love the time to spend together and despite the hot weather enjoy the walks.  Supposedly it does cool off in the next month!   She lost her first tooth in August and lost her second tooth in September. She felt like she had been waiting for a long time to lose them.  Her permanent teeth started to grow in before she lost her baby ones so we were really encouraging her to wiggle those teeth!  The one pictured below was SO loose.  She refused to let anyone help, unlike her first one that her dad pulled out with pliers!  The tooth spent a  couple days in that horizontal position before falling out on it's own.  Since this is the first experience with losing teeth at our house it has been quite exciting.  She never had a toothless smile but we got a picture of her new big kid teeth growing in!


1 comment:

Shanda said...

I love all the photos, I can't believe how big your girls are! I hope things are going well for you and your family!